To obtain a better understanding of Modern Monetary Realism we recommend the following reading (some of which is quite advanced):
1. Understanding The Modern Monetary System
2. If You Learn Better by Reading in sections I Would Recommend Reading the Understanding The Modern Monetary System Paper in Parts:
- Part 1 - Introduction to Monetary Realism
- Part 2a - Understanding Modern Money
- Part 2b - What Gives Fiat Money Its “Value”?
- Part 3 - The Basic Institutional Structure of Fiat Monetary Systems
- Part 4 - The Lead Role of the Private Sector & “Inside Money”
- Part 5 - A Fiat System Where Everyone Still Thinks Government Has a Solvency Constraint
- Part 6 - Understanding Sectoral Balance Economics & S = I + (S-I)
* Some of these documents use the term MMR to refer to MR. These were published prior to the official name of the school of thought as MR.